My family hates that I'm vegan...

Leigha
I'm a college student and living at home during the summer. I just recently started a 100% plant based diet as opposed to just being vegetarian. When I told my mom that I'm vegan she flipped out and won't stop complaining and reminding me about the food she makes that I used to love and that I can't have anymore. It's not tempting me to eat that stuff, but I just want some respect for my lifestyle. She did the same thing when I became vegetarian but is now saying that she always supported me in that transition. Well tonight I went out to dinner to a vegan restaurant with my mom, my boyfriend, and his mom. My boyfriend and his mom are both vegetarian and go to this restaurant a lot and we decided to invite my mom so that we can spend some quality time with our parents. The whole time we were there she was miserable and only ordered a plain salad and complained about the quality. I paid for her meal and thanked her for spending some quality time with us but all she did was complain about the restaurant and how she had no options. I reminded her that when I go out to the restaurants she likes, that's usually how I feel. She just rolls her eyes and says to never bring her to a restaurant like that again. When it comes to my dad, he hates the fact that I'm vegetarian and is always trying to convince me that I "secretly like meat". I feel so oppressed for my lifestyle and I just want them to see that I'm not doing this for selfish reasons! I'm doing it because I care about the animals, the world, and my own health. Do any of you have issues like this? How do you deal with it?? 
UPDATE: My mom is still hesitant about me being vegan and asked my boyfriend behind my back how long he thinks this is going to last. My boyfriend told her that I have been wanting to do this for a long time and that he thinks this is a permanent lifestyle change. Since she had this conversation with him she has been way more understanding and even preparing meals that I can eat! She is even doing research to find ways to change her cooking to fit my lifestyle!  Thank you for everyone who commented!