**UPDATE** My dad went missing & 3 months later he was found... trigger warning

Amanda

I am truly sooooo thankful for everyone's continued support. To everyone who viewed, read and commented and shared personal stories please know each of you touched my heart in more ways I can explain 💙

I am taking care of myself by going to therapy and I am on a stress leave from work for about 3 weeks. Thank God I have 4 siblings and a huge family to help get through all this trauma. Each day does get a little better .. knowing he isn't in trouble or suffering anymore gives me peace.

We have a memorial coming up on March 19th for all friends and family to attend and share stories. It's gonna be a great way to honour my lovely father!

I know he's always with me and that he's not truly gone.. it's just a new type of relationship. I talk to him and pray to him and see signs of him everywhere I go!

Please continue to pray for my family and my little son! Mental health is SO important, so let's keep the conversation going and raise awareness!

----------------------------

My dad went missing on November 3rd in Toronto, Canada. He had a psychotic episode and disappeared. He called me on November 2nd and he was crying and apologized for being a bad dad and not giving me what I deserved.of course I tried reassuring him that he gave me everything and more and I was so happy to be his daughter. Later on, I found out he had called all 5 of us kids and said the same thing. For 3 months we searched for him and prayed he would come home. News outlets helped for a little while but stopped because "it wasn't progressing and there was no news to share" He had no bank activity, no phone activity, and his apartment was always empty. On February 3rd, 2 hikers found my dad in the humber river. Based on the coroner's assessments, she said he was likely in the river for a matter of months. It took them from the 3rd to the 9th to confirm his identity through fingerprints and unfortunately they couldn't do an entire autopsy because of the state he was in and how long he'd been under water. They stated he was "unrecognizeable" and for that reason we were unable to see him. We may never know what happened. I was 4 weeks pregnant when he went missing, now 22 weeks. I miss my dad terribly, he was my best friend (along with my mom) and he was always there for me no matter what he was battling inside. His mental health killed him, that we know for sure. He was put to rest on valentine's day ❤ I am expecting a son in 18 weeks. My angel sent from heaven 😇 I know my dad is carefully stitching my sweet baby together until he's ready for this earth. It's crazy how life works out... I'm relieved we have some answers after 3 long and grueling months, but of course I wish my daddy was here to help me through this change in my life. Thanks for reading and letting me vent. Please remind yourself and your loved ones that mental health is so important, and if you don't feel healthy to please seek help ❤ God bless