Are the Egyptian People Black?

Emilia
So there is this person I know on Facebook that is very insistent that people from Egypt are black. I suppose this can be true depending on how you would define black, some people say it's anyone with ancestors coming from Africa but others consider it as being anyone that has ancestors coming from specifically the sub Saharan region of Africa. I myself am part North African (Morocco and Tunisia) but I don't consider my self black, not even part black, and I don't think anyone else would label me as such either. A lot of people get upset that Cleopatra isn't portrayed as being black but in reality she was actually ethnically Greek and came from a long line of Greek rulers in Egypt. (Side note, she was the first in that line to learn the Egyptian language in order to better relate to the people she ruled over.) So yes, she would probably have been darker than Elizabeth Taylor but no, she was not black in the traditional way that we see it today. So I guess my question is this, how do you feel about people calling Egyptians black and if you are one of these people then why do you personally consider them to be black?