color and class? not the same thing...

I am genuinely sorry if this offends you. Not trying to minimize anyone's situation.
I heard a girl corrected today when 
speaking on "shitty parts of town". This other student said "oh you mean black neighborhoods?"
 Has the media really convinced people that white people dont end up in a ghetto neighborhoods (excuse my language I know this is a trigger word) 
   Coming from an area like this, it's just unsettling when people discredit this very real side of America. Trust me, you don't feel any white privelage when you're surrounded by methheads & alcoholics. 
  Not at all saying having white trash neighbors is worse than living in the projects. I surely didn't have to deal with gang violence but trailer parks can be just as dangerous. Maybe someone reading this also thought white girls all have it easy growing up. Let me put it this way. I had 5 girls my age on my street. 1 is now in prison for heroin possession. 2 were mothers by fourteen(not ostracizing them just stating the not ideal circumstances) and the other two I'll give the benefit of doubt cause CPS took them away before we had even finished elementary school. 
I'm sorry for the rant but i kept my mouth shut in class and needed to share my perspective on growing up poor and how it has nothing to do with race.