Hip Dermals: Q&A

Cougar
I get asked lots of questions about having dermals on my hips!! 
The major one being: does it hurt? For me it didn't hurt at all there was a ton of blood but nothing unbearable. 
How'd they do it😱? It depend on the piercer doing it. My piercer used a needle to create a pocket under the first layer of the skin. It's a bunch of pricks to create a the pocket. Other piercers use a dermal punch (idk how that works)
Can you take them out to change them? No you can't take them out, but you can unscrew the tops to change the jewelry!
How does it stay in there? I have an anchor on the end of it that's oval shaped. One side is longer than the other and both sides  have holes that the skin grows through to stay in your body. Some piercers use just a circular anchor to hold them in but I've been told they don't last as long. 
How do you take them out? Same way I got them in. I go to my piercer and he can cut them out for me. 
How much did it cost? I got them done separately so the end total was $120. It's different everywhere and most tattoo shops give a discount if you get more than one piercing in a sitting!
And something nobody knows!! THEY DO NOT LAST FOREVER!! Most people can keep them for a few years before they reject. They can last longer or even come out after a month. It depends on your body and how well you take care of them!! You should put thought into them before just getting them.